Patagonia Pom Women’s Beanie
The Pom Beanie is made of a recycled wool/nylon blend and is lined with a cozy fleece headband for comfort and style on and off the slopes.
- Soft recycled wool/nylon blend keeps your head and ears warm on the coldest days
- Soft fleece-lined headband
- Classic chunky cable knit with a ribbed cuff and pom-pom
- Naturally stretchy knit for all-day comfort
- Body: 70% recycled wool/25% recycled nylon/5% other fiber. Lining: 5.6-oz 100% polyester fleece
- 93 g (3.3 oz)
- Made in China
Patagonia Style #28976
Patagonia’s use of recycled nylon:
Although we’ve been using recycled polyester in our garments for 20 years, for some reason locked deep in polymer chemistry, nylon is more difficult to recycle than polyester. After years of research, development, and testing, we’re finally finding some recycled nylon fibers that are suitable for apparel.
Some of the recycled nylon we use comes from post-industrial waste fiber, yarn collected from a spinning factory, and waste from the weaving mills that can be processed into reusable nylon fiber.
We’re diligently searching for a success story with recycled nylon. The challenge lies ahead of us, and we’re committed to discovering the best methods to recycle nylon fiber, but it appears this evolution will take many years.