Big Agnes Cross Mountain 45° Sleeping Bag
A phenomenal value, the Cross Mountain functions as more than just a quality summer sleeping bag…
The Big Agnes Cross Mountain 45° Sleeping Bag is a roomy sleeping bag for both men and women with synthetic insulation for use in warmer weather.
Classic Synthetic bags oﬀer value and high quality and the Big Agnes Cross Mountain 45 is no exception. Big Agnes’s INTEGRITY synthetic insulation, with 97% recycled material, feels as warm and soft as down, yet keeps you warm even if the bag becomes wet. It’s generous, rectangular cut, coupled with its small pack size, also makes this bag ideal to use over another sleeping bag to add warmth in colder months.
Whether you’re looking for your ﬁrst bag or adding one to a gear quiver, campers of all levels will appreciate the versatility of these Big Agnes System bags. Slip any rectangular 20” wide pad into the full pad sleeve design and you are ready to go!
- Integrated full pad sleeve. Never roll off your pad again
- Rectangular shape offers more room in foot box and shoulders
- Cotton storage sack & nylon stuff sack inculded
- Built in pillow pocket holds a fleece or Big Agnes pillow
- Interior fabric loops for sleeping bag liners
- 70″ YKK #8 zipper. Mate together our left and right zip bags with the same size zipper
- Shell: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Lining: Soft, breathable nylon with stain resistant finish
- Pad sleeve: Nylon rip-stop. WR surface treatment to repel water
- Synthetic Insulation: INTEGRITY – Short Staple synthetic insulation with 97% recycled content
- Quilted Construction
- LEFT OR RIGHT ZIPPER? When you are in the bag, on your back, the right zip will be on your right side, left zip on your left side
- Sale items are past season colors or styles
Available in 2 sizes:
- Regular – Up to 5’10”
- Long – Up to 6’6″
Pad size: any
Fill Type: INTEGRITY Synthetic Insulation
Fill Weight: 11 oz (R) / 12 oz (L)
Bag Weight: 1lb 11oz (R) / 1lb 14oz (L)
Shoulder Girth: 60″ (R) / 62″ (L)
Hip Girth: 66″ (R) / 69″ (L)
Foot Girth: 54″ (R) / 55″ (L)
Stuff Sack Size: 7.5″x15″
Compressed Bag Size: 8″x6″ (R) / 8″x7″ (L)
More Information on SYNTHETIC Insulation:
Synthetic sleeping bag insulation is ideal for general camping and backpacking due to its durability, value and ability to insulate even when wet. Synthetic bags won’t pack as small as down bags they still compress to acceptable sizes for backpacking and thru-hiking and will generally cost less. Synthetic insulation comes in many forms. Loft, compressibility and softness will depend on the type of fiber and the construction method. Generally, the trapped air within or between the fibers creates insulating value and the more insulation used, the warmer the sleeping bag.
How did the Cross Mountain Get its’ name?
In the late 1970s ABC’s American Sportsman TV show filmed a river trip into the Cross Mountain canyon on the Yampa River. The first rapid is the “Osterizer hole” and the film crew got what they were looking for – carnage! One of the kayakers got totally worked and had to be airlifted by helicopter to a local hospital. Don’t worry, he’s fine. Nowadays when you mention Cross Mountain around a group of Steamboat local boaters, they just ask “When?” It has become the classic Class IV/V desert canyon river run.